Day 15 - It is getting easier now

I am now at the 2 weeks mark and haven't touched a cigarette. I'm not sure if it is psychological but what I read about the 9th day being bad and the 2 week mark getting better seems to be true.

My last post was a week after quitting and it was starting to get harder. I would say that peaked around day 9 which is when many people seem to give in and light up again. The last couple of days have got noticeably easier. Now that I have done 2 weeks I am very confident that it will only get easier from here on in.

I have probably put half a stone of weight on, but so what. The cravings are getting less so I am snacking less. I'll deal with the weight soon. I am now able to do most things without getting "pangs" for a smoke (previously little things like sitting at my desk would remind me of smoking). Drinking booze still makes me miss smoking but I guess when I've done that more it will also fade too.

The future is looking good, I just keep reminding myself that I have probably extended my life by around 14 years and drastically reduced the chances of a long, painful death like lung cancer. I started smoking when I was 8 so maybe I won't get the full 14 years back, but quitting now will certainly help.

No comments:

Post a Comment